In keeping with the spirit of ‘When was the last time that you did something for the first time’, I started learning Kannada this week, thanks to an initiative by some enthusiastic youngsters at Infosys. This is my first formal attempt to learn a new language after school and beyond my obvious environment. This is also an effortto localize myself while working in a totally global environment and being fed with fundas on globalizations all the time. Now how much do I learn over the next 9 classes, would be known only in next 5-6 weeks, but I sincerely hope I should be able to make a conversation with my maid, the guard outside my building, the guy on the road, people I meet during my treks in western ghats and most importantly enjoy the jokes that my local friends crack …without loosing the essence with translation...:-)
If it is already out in the news, it's history! Mahesh Murthy had mentioned this in one of our Ryze presentations...
ReplyDeleteI believe that India has a lot of potential in everything that the world wants to get done.
We just need more people taking the chances based on the knowledge management and organised work force/processes
- response to your post on CG
so this blogging is keeping you pretty occupied I see...
I have now moved to Aurora to a Hotel for the next 20 days since I should be done with my project by mid Dec. I hope to use this time a little more creatively to get stuff done on the blog/pics front :)
It's snowing crazy here since last night...
What else is happenning?