Paulo Coelho in his famous book ‘The Alchemist’ says that if you really wish something, the whole universe conspires to help you achieve that. Now it hasn’t come true all the time when I wanted it to, but at times unconsciously you realize this coming true. Just a few days back I wrote the Series I and here I am again with the next series.
1. Spiga, Vithhal Mallya Road – Good, authentic Continental food with nice setting
2. Aangan, Koramangala – Had authentic Makki ki Roti n Sarson Ka Saag, so all north Indians if you are missing food, go here
3. Feast of Asia, Koramangala – Had north Indian food, could be better.
4. Bombay Blue – Bangalore Central – Its multi cuisine, but I tried Lebanese dishes, good, drinks and food are presented very well.
5. Amma’s Dravidian Food, Koramangala – A small restaurant that can seat no more than 24 people at a time, serves authentic Tamilian food, mostly Chettinaad variety. Can’t really comment how it was, probably a Tamilian can.
6. Raaga, Indira Nagar – Good north Indian good
7. Woody’s , J P Nagar – Better than Woody’s on commercial street
8. Lalita’s Parantha, Commercial street – Probably the best Parantha place in Bangalore
9. Koshy’s, St Mark's Road – I am sure you all have been there, but try having a breakfast on a weekend, its amazing and you would find a lot of people there
10. Bamboo Shoots, Church Street – Good Chinese food, more towards authentic than Indian Chinese
11. Dal Roti , Koramangala – Usual north Indian food
12. Kalpavruksh, Bannerghatta Road – My next door home delivery guy, decent food
Wow..quite a mouth waterin post!
ReplyDeleteIf i ever to visit bangalore, i know who to contact..YOU! lolz!
There are many you missed out my dear...many many in bangalore :)
ReplyDeleteLavannya, they will all be here sooner or later, the exploration is on...
ReplyDeleteHedayah, this should be tempting enough for you to make a visit to Bangalore...
:-) Anu
I havent tried Woody's at commercial street but definitely woody's at J.P.Nagar isnt good. Both the ambience as well as food was a let down.
ReplyDeleteAangan is a good one in Koramangala. But perhaps the best Makki ki roti and sarson ka saag is the Dhaba in Maratahali.
Waiting for succeeding parts of this series.....
your list takes me back to the good old blr days. miss those sunday morning appam and stew at koshy's and a haircut and massage at the bowrings after a hard saturday nite....you should try the originial lalitha´s at domlur if its till there..
ReplyDeleteO Wow! thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is quite helpful - something that i was looking for...
hey woody's has the best mangalore stuff dude.... try it sometimes!!
ReplyDelete