Pages

Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Travel Trends II – Rural Tourism in India


Years back, I experimented with Rural Tourism, and years later I got to be on it again as part of a Government initiative. So I thought of creating a list of Rural Tourism organizations in India.
  1. Himalayan Village, Sonapani, Uttarakhand 
  2. Culture Aangan, Konkan Coast, Maharashtra
  3. Grassroutes, Maharashtra
  4. Ecosphere, Spiti, Himachal Pradesh
  5. India Untravelled, Kerala, Rajasthan, Punjab  
  6. Travel Another India, Ladhakh, MP, Gujarat  
  7. Dirty feet, Hyderabad
  8. Abor Country Travels, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, North East India
  9. The Greener Pastures - North East India
  10. Tendrel Travel, Leh, Ladhakh
  11. Muddy Boots - Kerala, Karnataka
  12. Birdsong & Beyond - Punjab, Goa
  13. Navadarshanam, Bangalore - Not really tourism but an eco-living project involving local communities
I have personally not traveled with any of these companies, but have collected this information based on secondary research.

If you own a rural tourism company / organization or have traveled with one, please help me make this a comprehensive list.

No comments:

Post a Comment