From one of yahoo groups, someone wrote about how people spend crores/ millions on weddings while they do not contribute anything to the charitable causes or donate even small amounts of money to empower the ‘not so privileged’.
My argument is that why do we always feel that if someone else is splurging money on oneself, it’s bad. Have that family or their forefathers not toiled enough to enjoy this day when they can spend to their heart's content? If they have earned enough money, is it their prerogative where and how they want to spend? An article in Indiatimes claims that weddings in India are a 9000 crore industry. Can you imagine how many people would be earning their livelihood woth this industry? We only see what is being spent, and do not see where that spend is going. In effect the money is actually flowing from the 'have too much'to the 'have not' or 'do not have much'. If the Indian fashion industry is thriving on weddings, it’s the master or karigar at the lowest end finally benefits while also the traditions and designs of our culture are being maintained rather than lost in our perpetual 'westernization'. The flower guy, the paanwala, the band wala, the caterer and the mehandiwala at the end of the value chain is the very guy that you are trying to empower by donating.
This topic has come time and again in various forums that people should donate rather than spending money on huge weddings. I would say I would rather pay money to someone who does some work for me by way of being a part of wedding preparation or anything, rather than donating and letting people live on money that flows to them without doing any work. In our country thousands of people have developed the habit of living on money that they have not earned, by glorifying charity for the people who can donate.
But then this is what I think…:-)
Perfect, you are 100% rite. So, I hope you understood the concept very well. It clearly implies that you should invest on something (risk factor is obviously there) or the else, instead of dumping your money into banks - yup, I understand that by dumping money into bank few get benefited but not many. It’s even worst if you stack it in your home. Our revenue will increase only when the same note is spent more number of times. Do reply to this comment, I want to know yoru view.
ReplyDeleteDear Anonymous,
ReplyDeleteYou are right, as they say in economy the cash flow is like the flow of blood in our body. It is a must for the survival of the economy.
Do I know you, or are you going to introduce yourself now?
-Anu
hey..that's very true..everyone seems to make a big fuss out of spending money abashedly..we as a nation have learnt to survive on dole-outs, and it is this very habit which is forcing more and more youths to look for easy money everywhere.
ReplyDeleteAnd why should I, or anyone else, give even a single paisa of our hard-earned money to someone as charity? I might as well use it for the very reason that I have earned it. Why let someone else reap the benefits of my toil?
Sorry, Last time forgot to leave my email in there - its "Dear Anonymous" - My email ID: santosh.surabi@gmail.com. So, if you are earning,I am sure you are investing instead of saving. :-)
ReplyDeleteIts the prerogative of the person who has earned the dough to spend it the way he wishes :). For he alone knows the way he earned it and so he alone wld be the best one to decide how to spend it.
ReplyDeleteHello Anuradha, been looking for the latest info on cash flow industry and found Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
ReplyDeleteHi there Anuradha, I had been out looking for some new information on american cash flow when I found your site and Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
ReplyDeleteHello Anuradha, been looking for the latest info on real estate note and found Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
ReplyDeleteHey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
ReplyDeleteI have a womens shirtholden t-shirt site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time
-Holden Tees
Hello Anuradha, been looking for the latest info on cash flow business and found Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
ReplyDeleteHi Anuradha, Out surfing for information on cash flow business & happened upon your site. While Why should you (not) spend…? wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
ReplyDeleteHello Anuradha, been looking for the latest info on homebusinesses and found Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
ReplyDeleteHi there Anuradha, I had been out looking for some new information on homebusinesses when I found your site and Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
ReplyDeleteHi there Anuradha, I had been out looking for some new information on cash flows when I found your site and Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
ReplyDeleteHi there Anuradha, I had been out looking for some new information on cash flow industry when I found your site and Why should you (not) spend…?. Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
ReplyDelete