Came across this interesting and profound thought somewhere while browsing the net:
"The whole conviction of my life now rests upon the belief that loneliness, far from being a rare and curious phenomenon, is the central and inevitable fact of human existence."--Thomas Wolfe, “God's Lonely Man"
To me, these words are my words and this is how I deal with my loneliness and enjoy my solitude. I have realized with many people around me that they are immensely uncomfortable with being alone and hence they keep seeking company from here there and everywhere, weather they and the other person enjoy it or not. In fact whenever I see all these people I am often reminded of another quote which says “If you can not enjoy your own company, why inflict in on others”
I would agree with the latter part abt people seeking company from everywhere. How much they enjoy, I dbt that. Rather than the company, its just that they are addicted to having people arnd them.
ReplyDeleteI agree with that too. Now this really explains why I became 'friends' with some of the people I did. I thought I was in love once turns out I was just in love with the idea of love not the guy.
ReplyDeleteI think it is interesting that you live in India. I want to read your blog more and see how your life is different from muine. Please check out my livejournal at www.livejournal.com/users/jharsika
Thnx for those nice wndrful wrds on Loneliness, i m a new blogger nd wanna ctch up with sme intrstin ppl, i came across ur name thru anurag jain's name, although i dnt knw him, i misundrstood him as my classmate anurag jain, i m an undergrad engg student in chennai, hope to listen frm u mre on travelogues etc
ReplyDeleteHi Anuradha
ReplyDeleteaccidently came across your blog.
absolutely agree with you.
for the first time i found some one who also likes being alone.
take care
mahavir_sahaj@yahoo.com