Pages

Tuesday, 11 January 2005

Play Reading at Rangashankara

This Sunday for the first time I went for play reading at Rangashankara (www.rangashankara.org). Rangashankara is almost next door to my place in Bangalore, incidentally it got inaugurated on my birthday in October, few months back, followed by a month long theatre festival, but for some reason or the other I could never go there, though every weekend I thought of going there.



Play reading was an experience in itself, except Pawan, with whom I had exchanged a few messages, I did not know anyone. As I reached there, it gave me an impression of a place like Prithvi theatre in Mumbai, only with lot more space than that. We all introduced each other and when I was asked to take a character to read, my first reflexive reaction was to say ‘No, I would just listen’, but as the reading progressed, I wanted to pick up a character and read. After some time I did read a character and it was fun. For my first few dialogues, people had to ask me to read loudly, but as I started reading, I stated to relate to the character and started enjoying it. And after that I never realized when did we come to the end of the Act I and it was time to come back home.



Looking forward to some more play reading while I am here in this part of Bangalore…

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that is something really interesting - never knew such stuff existed! maybe sometime, might give it a try.
    Thanks for the info, do keep updating about this stuff, you never know how much engrossing it can get..
    -Param

    ReplyDelete