Pages

Saturday, 20 August 2005

Bothered about being bothered?

Last week was a long weekend with Independence Day falling on a Monday. Now I had multiple things in my mind for what to do on the long weekend and how to utilize it. Initially I wanted to travel somewhere, and then a friend said he would visit me, so I dropped the traveling plans. After this friend dropped his plans to visit Bangalore, I drew up a list of all my pending works to be done in Bangalore and in my mind drew a picture of what is to be done when?
But on the Thursday before the weekend, ‘Viral fever’ decided to visit me and stay with me over the long weekend. I was in bed for almost 4-5 days and could not do anything that I had planned. But what is bothering me now is the fact that during those 4-5 days, rather than be worried about my health, I was more worried about that fact that all that I planned to complete in these 3 days, is getting postponed at least by a week. I could see my fever only as an obstacle, coming in the way of my planned activities, rather than trying to relax and make myself healthy enough first and then thinking about the work that needs to be done.
Just wondering, what kind of a race am I trying to run, and where to? This is one of those moments where I find doing myself, what I have always wondered about other people. Existence of contradictions within us I guess…

3 comments:

  1. I always take illness as a good way to have a forced vacation and rest. Get a good movie - your folks taking care of you and pampering you...Just sit back and relax...:)

    btw, get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its called the Rat Race

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy Joy, I live alone, and the worst thing that can happen to you when you live alone, is falling ill. Thanks for the wishes...:-)

    Shivaji, left a few more links to my posts on similiar tasks, in comments of your post on Obsession with Time...let me have your views.

    -Anu

    ReplyDelete