Graphology : n. study of and reading character from hand-writing. graphologic(al), a. graphologist, n Graphology is the study of handwriting and its connection to behavior, personal information and other human traits
More than a decade ago, I got interested in this skill as one of my seniors in college was a graphologist and I chased her like anything for a year to teach me how to read handwritings. Then, one fine day she gave up to my chasing and gave me the first tips on what to look for in handwritings and how to analyze them. She would not have spent more than an hour or so with me, but I took off from there, went to all possible book shops in town and hunted for graphology books (the net was an unknown entity then), saved money from my pocket money and invested in my first graphology books. Read through them as soon and as fast as possible and then started a phenomenon where I used to look at my person’s handwriting before I looked at him or her. It was a great discovery phase for me when I used to compare handwritings of two or more people and when I saw some similarities, I used to observe them and try to locate similarities in their personalities and behaviors and co-relate the two. It was probably my first sub-consciously conscious effort to understand the human psyche and personalities.
Over the next 4-5 years, I mastered the art of deciphering the hidden personalities in hand written words, learning new dimensions, with every new handwriting that I saw. As I was growing in this space, I realized that along with the skill, my intuition to analyze was improving and I could say a lot of things after the first glance of the handwritten sheet of paper. The best compliment that got about this analytical skill, was from a colleague in Pune, when he said, ‘Guys, don’t leave your handwritten pieces around her, she would read you like a book’. It used to be fun at times when suddenly while writing I used to see a pattern in my own handwriting and used to ask myself things like, ‘So what is it that is making me feel happy today?’ or ‘Am I feeling low, why , what is the reason?’ In fact lot of my intuition got developed by analyzing my own handwriting on a day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute basis.
But then came the era of computers and slowly we started moving away from the handwritings and more and more communication started happening on e-mails. Over last few years, most of us (at least me and most people around me) are using pen only to scribble and that scribbling I am sure is shorter than the short hand that was taught few years back. Now I like taking any notes also on Notepad on my laptop, as it is always with me wherever I am. As of today I use pen only to sign, but I am sure the days of digital signatures are almost there and we may not be required to sign also in the near future.
I miss reading through those so very individualistic patterns of hand written notes, where with the content, I could read through the intent as well…am just wondering will the full circle of handwritings happen with tablet PCs within my lifespan, for me to go back to one of the arts that I would love to practice again anytime….:-)
And am I glad that the world of computers has pervaded almost every aspect. I really don't want to be leaving any handwritten pieces around you. :-)
ReplyDeletecheers,
-d/
There is still hope yet - if the tablet pc becomes popular (microsoft is pushing it seems) then you can put the graphology skills to use....:P.
ReplyDeleteHaving said that i cant figure out what one is to do with the skill - as psychologically, there is no difference between human beings- we are exactly the same....:P
Deepa,
ReplyDeleteI no longer need your handwriting piece to know you...but comps have made us all the same, don't you ever feel the loss of individuality?
-Anu
Ramesh,
ReplyDeleteI am waiting for a tablet PC to come my way and you know that...:-)
Agree, at the core we all are a part of the same conciousness, but then at the pshychological level, we exist in different states, and this state is one of the things that your handwriting reveals...
-Anu
Nice reading your blog on graphology,
ReplyDeleteI am hopefull the art form of deciphering human behaviour through their written content will survive. The future avatar could be making sense of sms short message. What is your reaction ?
you can mail me in srinivasraghav@gmail.com
warm regards,
srinivas
Welcome to Graphologyindia.com....so near yet so far.... It's really I appreciate their graphology courses in Bangalore division in Bangalore.as i am very much satisfied with their Quality of graphology courses in Bangalore services and their service towards customers. I strongly recommend their service to allllll
ReplyDeletegraphology courses in Bangalore
The Graphology School of India (GSI) was set up in conjunction with The International School of Handwriting Analysis (ISHA) by Mrs. Pradeep K.U in 2011, to establish a firm base for Graphology in Bangalore. The college is an independent teaching body, offering training courses in Graphology. The GSI offers courses are Beginners Diploma, Comprehensive Course, Evaluated Traits Course, and Master (SSS) Course.
ReplyDeleteGraphology Courses in Bangalore